Monday, October 27, 2008

A Bell that Can't be Unrung

Last night we had, what for us, passes as wonderful vanilla sex. The lights were out, we actually did it missionary for awhile and ended doggie style.

What wasn't so vanilla was the conversation we had before, during, and after. I started it by bringing up my idea of a 3 way again...and this time DH was into it.

I found this article about a woman who encouraged her hubby to get a happy ending

Happy Ending

and the vitrol that it created. But some of the commenters had a good point...where does it stop?

And after discovering how much I like anal, what if DH or I really likes having someone else join us? Is DH going to try and go out and find is own fun all by himself? Am I? What are we really risking by doing this...and if we do, should we go 'pro' or try to find someone willing to join us?

And also....is our marriage (which is pretty damned good) going to be better, worse, or the same the morning after?

5 comments:

Another Suburban Mom said...

Its a tricky road, but one that can be negotiated with lots of communication.

I would love to invite you to my private blog, but need one of those email things to do it.

veronicadottenatgmail

Anonymous said...

This is a conversation that Luvbunny and I have had many many many times. We have been at the point of bringing another into our bed, but something has always stopped it from happening.
At this point, we are beginning to wonder if maybe we're better off keeping it as a fantasy?
We still talk about it, though. Don't know what will happen.

Alfro said...

Do you really want to ring that bell?, or is it really just the fantasy?
If you do ring it, I'd sure like to fantasize that I was involved with that 3 way (maybe we can get my wife to join,and make it 4).
Just keep me in mind.
by the way, have I mentioned your gorgeous?

HSMom said...

This is the type of decision where my own nuttiness is apparent:

I hate irrevokable decisions. We were married for over 7 years before we had kids. why?

Because deciding not to have kids is a changeable decision (to a point)

This decision has the capacity to change our marriage, for better or for worse.

I think some of my new anxiety about this is from what happened at work yesterday for DH...which I'll write about later today.

HSMom said...

Forgot to add:

I am wondering if the fantasy is better than the reality too!