Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How hard it can be to trust...

Unfaithfulness can come in many shapes and variations. It isn't simply about putting a dick (or other body part) where it doesn't belong.

I've mentioned in an earlier post that the darkest time in our marriage was when DH put his career ahead of his family. (IMHO, in fairness to him) And now I have doubts about how he values his family. The current job is sweet...great money and even better hours. He's doing so beautifully at it....

that they're talking about promoting him.

Ugh

DH was told that he career path with the company would include a promotion in the next year that would require lots more travel, moving to another city, and tons more money.

I don't mind moving...we're used to that. But the way DH can sink into his work and being gone so much? Blech. The twinkle in DH's eye told me how much he wanted it. Is this how a wife feels when her husband is a serial cheater? I felt like he was taking back everything he'd said about putting family first.

We've opened up discussions about it. I'd be happy with his current job until he retires but realistically I know that isn't going to happen. Some ideas on the table are to get another au pair, have someone come in to clean more often, and NOT homeschool the younger son (who doesn't need it anyway).

But I worry...I worry about all the work we've put in over the last year and that all going away again.

No comments: