Friday, November 28, 2008

Why I think we'd be swinging failures

I love swinger blogs. DH, in sterotypical PhD geek style, thinks that my interest in the people is inexplicable but approves of the ideas I get. We talk about what I read and often discuss why it could work for us (or why it would be terrible for us). After many conversations, DH and I are in agreement that swinging is probably not what we're interested in (at least for the immediate future)

Here are a few reasons why:

1) We can't find a couple we agree on to out for dinner with, let alone have sex with. Right there is 80% of the problem. DH is a workaholic geek who isn't all that good at small talk. That whole getting to know someone thing? Not his bag! One of my wifely duties (other than deep throating) is making our couple friends. Since DH cannot stand sales types (he sees them too much at work he says), lawyers, and realtors. We're pretty limited to academic or technical/mechanical types...and even then he's not good at the 'getting to know' stage.

2) I'm not interested in random cock. I'll admit this...I can be girly about wanting an emotional attachment (not necessarily love!). DH is cool with it when we're talking girls but guys? eh...not so much.

3) Dating...and having to reject someone. Being rejected isn't nearly as big a deal to me (as long as its done nicely) but having to tell someone, "Sorry, but we don't fit sexually" God, this is the reason I'm glad I'm married.

5 comments:

Alfro said...

Not a Lawyer, check
Not a Realtor, check
Damn,....
I promise not to sell DH anything. I hate selling friends, and relatives anyway, so I definitely wouldn't talk shop with my "swing buddies".

All good reasons.

And also why I'm glad to be married. I just get the feeling that I like the idea of swinging, but the execution would be too much work. Oh well.., I can still hope you and the wife could make it work though.

Hope your weekend is a good one.

HSMom said...

My weekend was a good one. One computer died and was replaced with a new dell shipped overnight.

There are so many things that I am very concerned are better as fantasies...but then I do something real like the strip club and it is just amazing.

But having to date again? I think I'd be miserable about that.

Alfro said...

HS,
Checking in and making sure you're doing OK.
I thought maybe you've run off with one of the stippers, never to be seen again.

Hope all is well

HSMom said...

The new dell died too and just got ANOTHER new 'puter today . In addition I did a quick trip back north for a friend's birthday...I'll have to write about the naked snow angels

Alfro said...

glad to see the strippers let you free.

damn 'puters anyway.

anything "Naked" is good in my book, so I can't wait to hear about the angels.

thanks for the update