Monday, June 29, 2009

Anyone Know How To...

Schedule posts? I've been playing with this all weekend as I was going to have stuff post while I'm gone.

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to this trip. DH and I hail from the Chicago area so this means lots of familial FOG (fear obligation guilt). My inlaws are just so different than us its unreal. We're the low end hippies...and they're on the boards of all the right charities. I'm also not very good at ignorning the elephant in the middle of the room...stuff just needs to be talked about, dealt with, and put away. That isn't how they prefer to operate. So, I'll need to pretend I don't know about my SIL's legal issues resulting from her illegal behavior...I'll gloss over the information that my BIL is having another breakdown. The important stuff will be that I'm too fat, don't wear much designer, and homeschool.


On the plus side most of our friends from college ended up there so we're going to have fun with that. There is a totally nude club there that has a couples free night that we're going to with some friends. DH and I have already decided that going back to the vip area together with a girl for 40 minutes is probably out of the question due to our friends being with us. But I did tell DH that since I was putting up with two family together events *I* can go back for 40 minutes with a girl of my choice and he can hear about it.

I'm such a kind wife, am I not?

1 comment:

Alfro said...

Sorry, can't help. You know, the whole string'en together words is a problem for me.

Best of luck on the trip north. I think most families are the same way (with the elephant and all). Too fat??? are they kidding me. you're just right. (maybe another pic of your ass will help with my assesment though).

Maybe make it 25 minutes in the VIP, and take DH along. Thats probably short enough so the friends won't miss you too much. That way maybe DH could take notes for us out here in blogland.

Have a good one.